Hair is the crown on your head. The curls, the twirls, the wavy ones or the free flowing ones, they all add to your personality in ways you can’t even imagine. Good hair can take your style quotient to several notches up. But today it’s tough to maintain the crown. Call it busy lifestyle or pollution the world is reeling with, you just can’t ignore the significance of having good hair.
Speaking in Ayurveda terms, hair fall is called khalitya, early graying of hair is termed as palitya, and other kind of hair problems is known as indralupta. Hair problems are caused due to tridoshic imbalance, i.e. vata, pitta, and kapha but it’s the pitta dosha that is mainly responsible for hair related problems. Let’s first explore the main reasons that lead to hair problems.
- Hormonal imbalances in the body
- Malnutrition and lot of stress
- Certain hereditary factors
- Use of chemical based hair products
- Consumption of various drugs and steroids
- Unhygienic scalp or some other infections